Have An Upcoming Hospital Visit? Use HIBICLENS®!
Throughout my numerous visits to clinics, hospitals, and medical institutions, I have taken steps to prevent health care infections (infections patients can get while receiving medical treatment in a healthcare facility).
I never go to a facility for a test or procedure without using HIBICLENS® beforehand. This soap has an antiseptic activity and has a persistent effect against a wide range of microorganisms. It should be used as a skin cleanser to help reduce bacteria that can potentially cause disease. I took this with me when we went to Africa and India just as a precaution – and I never got sick!
Before a surgery, I bathe with this product a week in advance. For a test, I will bathe with it a few days in advance. Please check with your healthcare professional before using.
For the best results, please follow these simple steps:
- Use a clean washcloth and a clean towel for each shower.
- In the shower, wash your body with your regular soap first, and wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- Be sure to rinse off thoroughly to remove any remaining soap and shampoo residue.
- Using your washcloth, clean your skin with HIBICLENS®. Use enough gel to cover your entire body. You don’t need to scrub your skin, but make sure you thoroughly clean the area where your surgery will be done.
- HIBICLENS® is a strong disinfectant, so do not use it on or near your face, eyes, ears, or head. Also, do not wash with your regular soap after using HIBICLENS® .
- After your shower, pat yourself dry with a clean, soft towel. Do not put on any deodorants, lotions, powders, or oils afterwards. Be sure to put on clean clothing.
You can purchase this online or at any drugstore. More info here on where to buy HIBICLENS®, and there's also a $1 off coupon!